This video has quite a nerdy side. I’ll go in-depth into busses, routings and STEMS. Not just for fun, but for optimising the orchestral template for composing. And to prepare it for mixing and mastering. All (hopefully) future proof adjustments making a composers life so much easier. I hope you enjoy and appreciate it!
Don’t forget to hit that like button if you appreciate this video. Also sub to my channel for my music and videos about how to write orchestral music for film.
Optimising the template with busses, routings and print sections
This is again a video in the Polar Express Suite Remake series. So if you missed the previous ones, you might want to see them first.
It’s quite a long video again. But a lot of stuff needed to be addressed. And I wanted to show you how you can build up busses, routings and print sections from scratch. So that took some time to explain.
Yes, I know. I talk a lot. So if you want to skip parts and just get right into it:
- 1:26 : New structure/order of groups and instruments (prepping busses and routings)
- 2:54 : Summing Stacks (say what?)
- 3:58 : Closer look at busses and routings of Woodwinds
- 5:40 : Build up from scratch (busses, routings and STEMS)
- 12:14 : Closer look at all busses and routings
- 16:23 : The Print Sections (This is the STEMS magic part :))
- 21:40 : Looking forward to the next videos
Download and remake it yourself!
You can download my adjusted midi-mockup of this particular piece of the Polar Express Suite on Patreon. It’s free to download.
When you support me on Patreon for only one dollar a month you’ll get my STEMS and master version too. You can use these project files to learn even more and you can use them as a reference for your own Polar Express Suite project.